- 1. Why do we process your personal data? If you submit your personal data to this web site, we may process it for the purposes described below.
- 1.1 To respond to your queries or communicate with you We process your personal data when you contact us via our online contact forms.
- 1.2 For surveys or other (marketing) communication We process your personal data to send you surveys on our products or services or to send you marketing communication, to keep you updated on events, special offers, products and services of AkzoNobel. We may create profiles and analyze your interactions with us. This way we learn about your interests and can customize our communication to meet your personal interests.
- 1.3 For the development and improvement of products and services We process aggregated personal data for various AkzoNobel business-related purposes, such as developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying our websites, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- 1.4 For the technical and functional management of the Website We process your personal data to help you find information in a quick and easy way and to improve access to and functionality of this site.
- 1.5 When you create an account with us, to administer the account Upon your request, we can create a personal account for you to make the purchasing process easier for you. Upon creating your account we will send you your personal login information.
- 1.6 When you purchase products through our web shop, to process your order and manage the relationship We use personal data to process your purchase and deliver your order, to report the status of your order and to contact you about the transaction.
- 1.7 If you participate in prize contests, events, competitions, promotions and/or games of chance, to administer your participation With your consent, we can send you emails with promotions and invitations to participate in prize contests, events, competitions or games of chance. If you choose to participate in one of these activities, we need your personal data to be able to organize organize this.
- 1.8 Compliance with laws and legal obligations and protection of AkzoNobel assets and interests We will process your personal data as appropriate or necessary (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence and including e.g. counterparty due diligence, money laundering, financing of terrorism and other crimes; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions and other applicable policies; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of yours or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- 2. With whom do we share your personal information? We do not share your data with third parties other than those mentioned in this Privacy Statement.
- Other entities within the AkzoNobel group Being part of a global company, your personal data may be transferred to other AkzoNobel entities. To ensure that your personal data is treated with a high level of protection, AkzoNobel has implemented the AkzoNobel Binding Corporate Rules [link], which ensure that every AkzoNobel legal entity applies the same level of protection to personal data
- Service providers and other external parties We may also use third-party service providers to perform certain data processing activities on our behalf, such as information technology and related infrastructure provision, security (including identity and access management) services, and legal, financial/accounting and other similar services.
- 3. Where do we store your personal data? Your personal data may be stored and/or processed in a country other than the one you reside in. AkzoNobel will ensure that if your data are transferred to another country, it will continue to receive adequate protection, through AkzoNobel’s own Binding Corporate Rules or through contractual arrangements with third parties.
- 4. How do we secure the data? Your personal data are treated confidentially and we have taken technical and organizational security measures against loss or unlawful processing of this data. We use several security techniques including secure servers, firewalls and encryption, as well as physical safeguard of the locations where data are stored.
- 5. How long do we retain personal data? We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
- 6. Rights regarding personal data You have certain rights with regard to your personal data. In accordance with the law you may have the right to request a copy of your personal data and further, where reasonably possible, have access to your personal data. You also may have the right to rectify and erase your personal data or to restrict or object to the use of your personal data. In addition to that you may at any time withdraw the consent that you gave to using your personal data. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before the withdrawal. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- 7. Links to other websites and social media On the Website you will find a number of links to other websites. Although these websites are selected with care, we are not responsible for personal data processed through these websites.
- 8. May persons below the age of 16 provide personal data? Persons below the age of 16 may only provide personal data to us if they have written permission of one of their parents or their legal guardian who has read this Privacy Statement.
- 9. Who to address with questions about your personal data? You can ask questions about your personal data at any time by sending a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org In order to process your request we will require (and therefore process) your name, contact details.
Go to this link for
© AkzoNobel All Rights Reserved.